Monday, September 21, 2009

Hobie is coming

Look how cute he is!!! He just finished packing and was laying in bed talking to me, and I told him to send me a picture. Our journey is finally coming to an end! I have to admit it has been alot more magical than I had expected! I'm not saying I'd want to do it again, or even that I'd recommend it to anyone else, but now that it's done I wouldn't trade it!
A couple weeks before Hobie left, he said to me if we decide to make this a sad hard experience it will be, but if we decide to focus on making this a good experience it will be alot easier to bare.
So about 3 weeks before he left he sarted having special family nights to prepare the kids
He talked to them about setting goals and being helpful, about the blessings this was going to bring to our family, and even though parts of it were going to be hard, it was going to make our family so happy and blessed when it was done. He got them all excited about writting letters, and getting mail. And I sat through all of them and didn't say much, just cried inside and tried not to let the kids know. But he was so right writting letters was fun, and we have a whole new closeness, and bond that I can't explain. Every day I watched for the mail, everyday I sent a letter for the first 10 weeks when he couldn't call. I only missed 2 days! He sent several letters a week also, but he wrote everyday too! The kids would run in the door everyday and say did we get any letters from dad today, then they would all sit on the couch and listen while I read them. We buit some fun memmories! And now it's finally here, he gets to come home....and new fun memmories get to start, and a whole new "military lifestyle" I 'm so glad I have such an inspired man with such wisdom to share it all with!
3 more days!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! You guys really have been positively upbeat about this. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did it britt! im so proud of you, you are sooooo strong! i know that was a looong journey but you really were so happy through it all and i know thats how you got through it! congrats cant wait!

    ReplyDelete