Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2nd "The Big Day"

Today is finally "the big day" the one I've been counting down to like a little kid at Christmas, for almost 3 months. I've spent the last week packing to sets of suitcases for each family member in preparation for this "big day" There has been shopping trips, house cleaning, and of coarse the making of cookies! Today is the day I get to fly over to Atlanta ( Ft. Benning) to go see Hobie! I've missed him so much! There have been lots of sad nights, as I'm sure you can imagine! But to my surprise we've found lots of blessings in our situation too. We both spent time each day writing to the other about our daily tasks, but we also shared our feelings, and love for each other daily and more in depth than just the usual "I love you" We gained a greater appreciation for each other, we learned more about each other. Our communication is better than it has ever been, (and we've always had good communication) so we've grown, and we've grown closer, amazing how Heavenly Father blesses us with things we didn't expect! I always love it when I can find the Blessing in the trial. There are always blessings in trials. So it's a little after 5, my bags are packed the kids clothes are all laid out, and now we wait!!! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I was going to yell you at the cabin's last weekend that when you were on the phone with Hobie you looked like a teenager in la la love land! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! I am glad you started this! I have enjoyed getting up to speed on the family and the adventure that you are going through. What a great thing you both are doing! Have fun visiting!

    ReplyDelete