Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hobie 3-29 -3-30

Hobie's letters
The first week he was in processing, So basically everyday he stood in line for hours, to get things like uniforms, shots, financial paperwork, and all that stuff! He's been at the real Basic training since last Thursday. He says to summerize last week "Civilians were mean, drill sargents were mean, processers were mean, the lines were long, and all in all I hated it!" It's 2 days into red phase which lasts about 2-3 weeks and so far it's been pretty easy. Yes they make us do things because we mess up, and they make us do things when we don't, so who cares! I'm eating well, I feel good with the one exception.(he bruised his rib) Enough of that it's not that bad, It's not fun, but not that bad! Oh my drill sargent is hispanic and no one can hardly understand him, which makes for some fun if you can imagine!
3-29

Well it's another Sunday,went to church this morning at 8:30 found out there are some mormons around here! I got a blessing and I gave 2. I met and was a part of Hyrum Smith's great great great grandson's blessing. Pretty cool, and very spiritual. Tomarrow we do our first PT. My feet don't hurt as much, they are getting used to standing around and that makes me happy.
3-30

It's 2 am Monday morning and I am on Fire Guard, or Guard duty. I'm sitting at a desk logging in all the people coming and going. If you can imagine ther really isn't much activity. I sleep on the top bunk #142 of 160 beds close to the back of our room. Everyone on both sides of me are pretty cool. The guy right below me is a 19 year old noisey, question asking, pain in the neck! Yeah me! Naw he's alright, but still a pain. That pretty much summerizes the letters so far I'll add more as I get more! I did get to talk to him the other day, and he sounds really good! He's excited to start learning things! He did ask for everyone to pray for him, he said his rib is starting to feel better, but he doesn't want that to cause any problems that could cause him to have to stay longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment