Thursday, April 30, 2009

letter 4-30

4-23

Well I'm in the middle of no where doing nothing but staring into the middle of the empty woods. We are waiting for lunch, I'm starving! We are moving in a wedge like an attack, then we eat, but we are waiting for everyone else. So it's another oppertunity to talk to you.

4-24

Sorry I got a little side tracked. After I wrote you we ate, ant then did night land navigation till about 2 am. Slept till 6 did more feild training, now we are back at base camp waiting for buses. So everyone is sleeping, big wusies, can't handle no sleep, bring it on! All in all it was pretty fun, could have been better but what are you gonna do!
I'm back feels so good to be clean again! I took a shower, and cleaned my rifle.

4-25

How are you today? I'm really really sorry, I had the chance to call you today and I dropped the ball. Luckily I'll have a call tomarrow. I would have only gotten to talk to you for about 3 min anyway, and that is almost worse than not calling. The reason I would have gotten to was because I was one of 10 that did the best on PT and BRM(shooting) So they took 10 people from each platoon in my company, so 40 people from charlie co. got to go to a church that does a soldier appreciation day, and they fed us pizza, ice cream, nachos, sodas, and candy bars, chips and cookies. They also provided us with their personal cell phones to call home. I thought I had more time, and when I got ready to call we had to leave. I think I may have broke my stomach with how much I ate. I'm so full. but it was awsome. Earlier today we did combatives and I went close to all out, and had no pain anywhere on my body. I'm healing up.

4-26

What a crappy day, our platoon lost the phone hopefully only for this week. Really stupid reason too. Crazy DS of coarse. Sorry. I didn't do anything and nobody else really did either. Some of us got burned, but the whole platoon paid. I feel so terrible for you and the kids. This will probably be my longest week now. No talking to you is going to be hard. Another day closer, I miss you so much. I'm back Oh by the way most of the guys here think Hope is a hotty, from the family picture. She might get a kick out of that! I'm not looking forward to the next overnight trainings, we leave on wed. and not come back until sunday. That will be in 3 weeks, but then our training is technically over. The next week we'll be getting ready to graduate, and the week after that will be graduation. Only 5 sundays left.

No comments:

Post a Comment