Tuesday, April 21, 2009

letters 4-13

4-13

Well the day has now passed. We were supposed to do my first PT, first of 3. But the weather would not cooperate. Too much lightning for the 2 mile run. Later on we did combatives, so I wrestled around with other dudes, pretty fun. The cool thing though is that Ft. Benning is the only Basic Training that will certify their soldiers to be level 1 in combatives.

4-14

Right now I have fireguard. It's 3:30 in the morning I'll have a 1/2 hour after my shift to sleep, so I guess I'm up for the day. We get to do the PT test today, and a road march. It might be an overnighter, I'm not sure, but it sounds fun. By the way MRE are not that bad if you get the right ones. I've only got candy in mine twice which kinda sucks. All the other platoons in my company (3 others) don't get to eat the candy we are the only ones that get to. Ha Ha my platoon has been lucky with drill srgts. They both are pretty cool. The senior one can be a pain sometimes but we still have way more privelages than any other platoon. Like calling home on Sundays and such, other platoons can't. We transitioned into white phase yesterday. That was kinda cool they took the 4 platoon flags down and replaced the red with white flags. We are supposed to get more privelages but we'll see.
5 more days will be 1 month since I left. That is crazy to me. It's been the slowest month that went by pretty fast. I think I'll be fine until May 30th that day will suck but I know I'll get to see you a few days later. Until then we will be doing alot of cooler stuff. No more gas, lots more blowing stuff up, doing missions at night against other platoons. Easter was hard for me, our anniversary will be very hard for me.

4-15

Time to answer questions. I got my moms on Tuesday both on the 14 th. We had some classes on rifle marksmanship which I qualified or passed on today. I am up everyday at 6 -6:30 doing PT and getting ready for breakfast. So when you up at 3 am that's what I'm doing. I got like 8-9 letters on Tuesday. On Tuesday I passed on all myPT stuff. yea. My push ups and sit ups I thought I got a 70 and 58my 2 mile run I got a 68. I need a 50% on all to pass so I did fine. Today I qualified on rifle. I qualified on rifles. Tuesday we did some land nav, the 3 mile pack (40-50 lbs) hike. The hike is required. So today my body was beat up! I feel good now (10 pm)
I'm getting so much stronger though. I'm doing well physically my dad was asking. I tell you what though I don't know what I 'd do without prayers and a priesthood blessing. I've told you my ribs and ankle hurt every night, but when I need them to not hurt and work I feel no pain or tolerable pain. Maybe when my faith grows I'll feel no pain. But I feel like Heavenly Father wants me to remember what he is doing for me everyday. I feel so blessed, no matter what I am going through aches and pains if I need to preform at my top level I know my Heavenly Father steps in and eases my burden, lightens my load. I appreciate my blessings even more. Even though I know I'll be blessed when the time comes, I still humble myself and ask again. What a blessing my time here has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment